Adjusting Network Settings on Eagle Eye Networks Bridge/CMVR Devices
By default, all of our devices are set up for DHCP on the WAN and the CamLan. In order to reconfigure these settings, you will need to connect a keyboard and monitor. The steps below will walk you through changing the WAN and CamLan. If you see cameras displayed on the monitor, or see a black screen, the bridge may be in Local Display mode and you will need to press Q on the keyboard to exit the local display.
Using the default settings on the WAN will require a network with a DHCP server. If you do not have a DHCP server or choose not to use it, you will need to adjust the WAN settings.
- Log into bridge as admin user (User: admin; Password: <last 5 of serial number>)
- Select Configure Network and press Enter on your keyboard
- Select WAN and press Enter on your keyboard
- DHCP is default and denoted with a *. To disable DHCP, press the spacebar
- Enter the following information based on network configuration using the arrow keys to navigate. (Static IP; Netmask; Default gateway IP; Primary DNS server; Secondary DNS server)
- Press tab to select OK and press enter
- Press tab to select Save and press enter (this may take a few minutes to save)
- You can then verify network access by selecting Network Diagnostic Info
Most of the time, changing the CamLan is not recommended because it complicates the implementation process and the CamLan acts as a DHCP server to the cameras. The CamLan IP settings should only be changed if you are installing an Eagle Eye Bridge on an existing camera environment and the cameras are already set to a static VLAN or; You are implementing Cloud Video Replication.
Changing these settings is just as simple as changing the WAN settings.
- Log into bridge as admin user
- Select Configure Network and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select Camera Lan and press Enter on your keyboard
- Press the spacebar on your keyboard to disable the DHCP feature and then enter the required information. (Static IP; Netmask)
- Press tab to select OK and press enter.
- Press tab to select Save and press enter.
As always, if you encounter any issues changing your IP settings, please reach out to Eagle Eye Networks support by emailing email@example.com or by calling (512)473-0501